Every day the wedding gets just a little bit closer and I am no where closer to buying a dress. It probably doesn’t help that I haven’t stepped foot in a dress shop. I’ve looked at bunch of websites, I’ve even bought a few magazines (HUGE waste of money), but that is far as it goes.
Whenever anyone asks me about My Dress, or dress shopping, I start listing off excuses…
- I want to lose a few pounds first (…I hear this is a typical bride response)
- I don’t have time (… but I have plenty of time to catch up on my favorite TV)
- The wedding is soooo far away (… yes, but not as far away as it was last October)
- I don’t want to be a pain in the ass (… everyone I ask seems thrilled by wedding dress shopping, except for me)
- After my trip (… my trip is over, so no more excuses)
Everyone keeps telling me that it takes at least 6 months to order a dress (seems ridiculous to me), but still, I guess I should start.
So I’ve roped in a friend, who I trust to be brutally honest, to come with me and she’s going to help me take the leap this weekend. I’m also hoping that she has good covert photo taking skills, because I’ll want to send pics to my Mom and a few other out-of-towners for their two-cents.
I am also keen to tell people, yes I have a dress, so that people will stop asking me about it. ‘F**k off’ or ‘its none of your business’ have never been acceptable responses.
If you have any tips or advice on how to lesson the pain, or great shops in Toronto, I’d love to hear from you. Also curious to see if anyone has had any luck finding a 2nd hand (slightly used dress). I still find it disturbing to spend so much money on something I’ll only wear once.Yours Truly, The Reluctant Wedding Dress Shopper
ps. this is not and never will become a blog devoted to my (our) wedding. However I reserve the right to vent or search out morale support for all things wedding related.